Terms & Conditions
These general terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) apply when you (“Customer” or “you”) place an order from angelKat Entertainment (“Seller”, “us” or “we”) on www.angelk.at (the “website”) or otherwise access the content on the website.
We sell products to multiple jurisdictions and these Terms & Conditions are set out to be global. Still, depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, mandatory law may also apply. We respect such applicable laws and nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall be seen as a limitation of your mandatory statutory rights, if such laws provide greater rights for you than set out here.
We are a small business based in the United Kingdom, but we also work with global partners such as Printful to fulfil some orders. Purchases are typically processed within 72 hours, and you will be notified when the item is dispatched. Some items are ready to order, but some are manufactured or custom ordered and may take a little longer to be dispatched.
Public holidays (such as Christmas), and our convention schedule may cause delays in shipping. During those times we appreciate your patience.
Prices & Fees
All prices are in Pound Sterling (GBP) and include VAT where applicable. Unless otherwise stated the prices do not include payment for shipping fees and these are given separately at checkout. Please note also that local charges (such as currency conversion fees, credit or bank card fees, sales tax, customs duty etc.) may apply depending on where you live and local regulations. Such charges are at your expense and will not be refunded by us.
When you receive an order confirmation from us your purchase order is accepted and a purchase agreement is entered into. We encourage you to save the order confirmation for any future contacts with us. We may deny a purchase order for various reasons, for example if you provide incorrect personal data and/or have a record for non-payment of debt.
You may withdraw your order until it has been confirmed by us. We will then refund any payment that you have made for the order.
We may cancel an order if the products ordered are sold out. We will then refund any amount paid and notify you about equivalent products if such are available.
All products ordered remain our property until we have received full payment for them.
Shipping & Delivery
Products in stock are normally delivered within the number of working days shown on the website. The expected delivery time for an order is set out in the order confirmation. In case of delay in delivery, we will inform you and continue to monitor the order. You may cancel the order if a delivery is delayed for more than 30 days and the delay is not due to you.
Depending on delivery method you may be required to pick up the order at a specific delivery point. You are required to do so within the time specified in the notification of delivery. If you do not pick up the delivery in time you may be charged a fee and the order may be sent back to us at your expense. We may also cancel the order if the delivery is not picked up in time.
For products that are currently in stock we endeavour to process and post those orders within 2-3 working days. However, shipping times may be longer due to bank holidays, our convention schedules, etc. or during the Christmas and New Year period. We will place a notice on the website detailing the last shipping dates for the festive period.Check Out Our Shipping FAQ!
angelKat provides art services to a wide variety of clients, from personal commissions, to commercial projects large and small. If you would like to hire us for your current project, or a gift for a loved one – please take a look at our terms and conditions below. These terms are not exclusive, and changes/additions may be made to contracts on a case by case basis.
Payments & Fees
As per the details above, all prices are in Pound Sterling (GBP). Unless otherwise stated these prices do not include printing or shipping costs. And you are solely responsible for any additional local charges (i.e. currency conversion fees, credit or bank card fees, customs duty, etc.) that may apply depending on where you live and local regulations.
Prices provided on our “For Hire” page are to be used as guides only and may differ from your final tailored quote.
To protect us against the costs of cancelled orders, all payments for commissions include a 50% non-refundable deposit.
Unless otherwise agreed, full payment must be received before work commences on your order. angelKat will provide you with an invoice via email with a link to secure payment options. Payment/Invoices for larger projects may be split into instalments at our discretion.
Please DO NOT send payments until you recieve our invoice.
- You read our Commission Guide, and provide some details via our enquiry form!
- We’ll get in touch to discuss any details through email. Once we have a good understanding of what your project entails we’ll give you a price quote, an estimate on when we can start work on your project*, and estimate how long it will take to produce.
- You let us know that you agree to those terms and request an invoice. If our quote is a little out of your budget let us know and we may be able to suggest an alternative option that matches your budget.
- Once agreed we’ll send your invoice via email with a link to a secure payment provider (e.g. PayPal).
- After we receive your payment we’ll add your project to our schedule and begin work as soon as possible.*
- We’ll keep you updated with emails – sharing initial sketches for your approval before we move on to completing the artwork.
- On completion we’ll send you the high resolution files in the formats requested in our initial discussion via email or private Dropbox.
Note: *We will provide an estimated date for when we can begin your project based on our schedule and availability at the time of your order. Delayed payment may impact this availability and until payment is received we can only reserve that booking slot for no more than one week from our estimate being emailed to you.
We would prefer that any revisions to the project take place in the earlier stages of production. This is because later in the process large changes can be complex and go over budget. As such we provide initial sketches for your approval and keep you updated throughout the process.
Any revisions after the initial sketch approval stage may incur additional fees at the discretion of the artist. These fees will take into account the complexity of any changes, and the time/resources those changes will require above and beyond the original specification.
Unless otherwise agreed upon commissioned projects DO NOT include rights and licenses for commercial use. If you wish to purchase these rights there will be an additional fee. Please enquire directly and provide details of how you plan to use the artwork so that we can agree a fair fee.
If granted commercial licences are only valid for the purposes expressly stated and agreed upon at the time payment is processed. If for any reason you wish to use the artwork for another purpose please contact me and we can agree an appropriate additional license fee.
For our purposes “commercial use” includes but is not limited to;
- Resale: selling the project in any form including digital and print e.g. comics, book covers, art prints, media files, or printed on merchandise.
- Promotion: use of the artwork for promoting your personal/business brand including use for YouTube, Twitch, or Social Media channels used for profit.
- Pitches: using our artwork to pitch projects to publishers, events, or executives.
Typically we retain some rights to any final artwork and progress pieces of a project unless otherwise stated, these may include;
- Portfolio: we reserve the right to display the project in our professional portfolio, and for promotion of our commission services via publications, social media, art websites, and directories.
- Commercial Rights: we reserve the right to decline licenses for commercial rights at our discretion should we feel that doing so may harm us financially or otherwise damage our reputation.
- Peripheral Content: with your approval we may record or stream video of the creation process of your project for use on our website, social media, Patreon, Twitch, or other video/streaming sites.
- Refusal: we reserve the right to refuse a commission for any reason.
Considering getting our art as a tattoo? That’s amazing!
There are some exceptions (such as client artwork) but generally we’re happy for you to get our artwork as a tattoo.
All we ask is that you pay us a fee for use of the art, and that both you and your tattoo artist credit us in any photos and tag/link to us when you post them online. We’ll even provide a high resolution image for your tattooist to use where possible!
For custom pieces this fee would be in addition to our normal commission pricing.
Please Note: unless you’ve commissioned an original piece, we cannot provide “exclusive” use as a tattoo, as someone else may love the same piece too.
This policy does NOT apply to tattoo artists themselves – if you’d like to add one of our designs to your available designs or flash, please contact us to discuss an appropriate fee arrangement.
Refunds & Returns
We strive to provide high quality content, services, and merchandise but sometimes things go wrong. Whether it’s a t-shirt in the wrong size, a post man leaving your new book out in the rain, or a mug that isn’t quite in one piece. We’re happy to do all that we can to help.
Please note: the information below relates to product orders fulfilled by angelKat. There may be a different returns procedure for items fulfilled by third parties (such as Printful). As such, please contact us before returning items so that we can provide the correct information for your particular order.
- Please contact us before returning the item.
- You may need to provide photographs of damaged items.
- You have 14 days to return an order after receiving it.
- Unless arrangements are made with us, you will cover the cost of the return.
- Please note that exceptions may apply for the return of certain custom-made, hygienic and other products.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
How To Return Items
- If you wish to make a return please contact us, including your name, address, order number, and details about the item(s) that you wish to return.
- We will respond via email detailing the next steps. If instructed to do so, please ship the items for return within 14 days of the date of our email.
- You are responsible for any damage incurred by items during the return shipment. We therefore strongly recommend that you send the products well packaged, in good condition and in their original box and/or packaging.
- If possible, please provide us with a tracking number for the return shipment.
- If a returned item is shipped internationally, mark as “RETURNED GOODS” to avoid any Customs charges. We are not responsible for any charges imposed on packages returned by Customs.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the refund will be processed through the same payment method you used to make your original purchase.
- If the product or packaging is used or damaged, we reserve the right to deduct any depreciation in value when refunding the product.
Right To Withdrawal
You may withdraw your order by notifying us within 14 days from the day that you received the ordered products. You must then send us a withdrawal notification containing your name, address, e-mail address, the order number and a specification of which products that the withdrawal relates to, for example by contacting us.
Once you receive confirmation from us you must then also, immediately and within 14 days from the date of the withdrawal notification has been accepted, return the withdrawn products to us at your expense. You are responsible for the condition of the products during the shipment back to us and we therefore strongly recommend that you send these well packaged, in good condition and in their original box and/or packaging.
When an order is withdrawn by you, we will refund the price that you have paid for the products withdrawn, including any shipping costs for standard delivery to you (meaning the cheapest available method of delivery so you will not get a refund for extra costs due to that you have opted for express delivery or something similar). From the amount to be refunded we will however deduct any depreciation in value of the products if such depreciation is due to that you have handled them to a greater extent than necessary to determine their function or characteristics.
Shipping costs are further only refunded if the withdrawn products form a whole order and are therefore not refunded if you cancel only parts of an order. We will pay the amount to be refunded as soon as possible and within 14 days of the withdrawal notification. We will however delay the payment until we have received the withdrawn products or proof that they have been sent to us (certificate of delivery). The refund will be paid with the same payment method that you used to pay the withdrawn products unless otherwise agreed.
Your right to withdrawal does not apply to contracts which;
- Relate to a service which has been fully performed, if by placing the order you have consented to commencement of performance of the service and acknowledged that there would be no right to withdrawal after performance of the service.
- Relate to goods which have been manufactured in accordance with your specifications or which otherwise are clearly personalized.
- Relate to goods which may quickly deteriorate or expire.
- Relate to goods with a broken seal which are not suitable for return due to reasons of health or hygiene, and the seal has been broken by you.
- Relate to digital content which is supplied other than on a tangible medium, if you have expressly consented to delivery in such way and acknowledged that there would be no right to withdrawal.
Liability & Rights
Limitation Of Liability
Where applicable mandatory law does not provide otherwise, our liability is limited to direct damages and under no circumstances are we liable for indirect damages such as loss of earnings etc. The seller is not liable for any damage to items resulting from general wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, alterations, or not following the sellers or manufacturers care instructions.
Intellectual Property Rights
The website and all its content is owned by us or our licensors and protected by intellectual property and marketing legislation. This means that trademarks, company names, product names, images and graphics, design, layout and information on products, services and other content may not be copied or used without our prior written consent.
We reserve ourselves for any image or typographical errors on the website, such as errors in product descriptions, technical specifications, inaccurate prices, or incorrect information with regards to whether a product is in stock. We are entitled to rectify any obvious errors and, at any time, to change or update the information on the website accordingly.
The images on the website are for illustration purposes only and do not guarantee to reproduce the exact number of products that you would receive at an order, nor the exact appearance, function, or origin of the products.
Governing Law & Disputes
In the event of a dispute, we strive to comply with any decision by the relevant national consumer protection authorities.
Any dispute regarding the interpretation or application of these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Changes To Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. We will then make the updated terms publicly available on the website.
In the digital world, data and privacy are increasingly important.
Here at angelKat we strive to keep your information safe and secure. Here are some of the ways that we do that, and some things that you need to know about how we use and store that data.
We are responsible for;
- Security: making reasonable efforts to keep your data secure. The angelKat website is SSL encrypted for your security and peace of mind.
- Data Retention: we retain data only as long as it’s needed to provide our services, and you may request that we delete your data at any time.
- Third Parties: when it is necessary to share data with third parties e.g. Google Analytics, our shipping/printing partners, etc. we vet our partners carefully, share data securely, and only to the extent needed to provide the service.
You are responsible for;
- Information: making sure that all personal data that you provide is accurate and complete.
- Login Details: make sure that your passwords are secret and secure to prevent others from logging into your account. This includes making sure to log out properly if using a shared or public machine.
- Wi-Fi: if you are using a public or insecure Wi-Fi connection, you are responsible for any potential risks associated with using an insecure connection.
- Unauthorised Logins: if you suspect that there has been an unauthorised login on your account – you must let us know immediately. Otherwise you may be liable for any purchases made with your account.
In order for our website and online store to function we need to collect and store some data from our visitors. This includes details used to process orders, post comments, login, and even sign up to our newsletter.
We do our best to keep your data safe and secure, and only ever use it for the purpose of making our website even better for you. Here are some of the ways that we use visitor data to to just that!
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website so please take caution.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Some of your data such as IP address, metadata, etc. may be shared with Google Analytics to help us better understand how visitors use and view our website in order to help us improve your experience. Visitor comments may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
As part of ordering items from our store, we may share some of your data with third parties for the sole purpose of completing your order, i.e. securely linking to our preferred payment processor (PayPal), or providing shipping details to our suppliers (Printful).
For the purposes of processing your orders/purchases within our store and to comply with international law – we may record your location/IP address. As part of your checkout process you may provide us with your email address, postal address, and details neede to complete your order.
These details will be used solely to process your order and comply with international law.
If you have chosen to sign up to our newsletter we will keep your email address and name for the sole purpose of sending you our newsletter, and you may unsubscribe from this service at any time by clicking the link provided in the email (or by contacting us directly). We will then erase your contact information.
Keeping Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If, for whatever reason, you’d like us to remove your comment(s) please feel free to contact us.
When ordering from our store we will keep your order details for our records. Keeping only what we need to for legal reasons (such as book keeping, taxes, and complying with applicable laws).
Your Data, Your Rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.Get In Touch
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.