As London MCM Expo is on the horizon (only a week away and we hope to see some of you there), we have lots of news to catch up on and some cool new things in store for readers of Fera.
Firstly FERA WILL RETURN AFTER LONDON MCM EXPO – THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE: 5th NOVEMBER.
Fera recently had to take a hiatus due to us needing to focus on other projects, the main two being the development of a couple of new titles to add under the angelKat banner, and that due to various things that have happened this year angelKat Entertainment and my freelance work have become my full time job – and sadly I had to focus on things that pay the rent.
But, as a result I can now announce that there are some great things in store in October and November this year. For Fera fans, the main one will be a return of the comic to a regular schedule – this issue will see plenty of excitement, with bar fights and chase scenes, and some touching/cute moments with different members of the main cast. And of course this issue will introduce the final member of our little group.
As well as this, we now have the first issue of The Editors, our latest title, in print – with 2 further issues scripted and currently being turned into comic pages. We also have a number of other titles either in the scripting stage, or in the case of our mini-comics already in print and available at events around the UK. As a result of all of this, and because we want to provide you guys with the best possible way to access and read the comics produced by angelKat Entertainment – you’ll be seeing some changes around the website.
I already have the new site design coded, there are a few new graphics to finish before updated the site, but it should be launching soon. Along with the update, the main angelk.at site will act as a hub that will branch off into the Fera site, along with other titles. Whilst Fera will remain 100% free and will update weekly, but some titles may only have samples online, with the full versions on sale as either an ebook or in print.
The plan for the new design will also give you guys more info on our upcoming events, but we’ll be moving all of our news and blog posts over to the main angelK.at site – the hub site will not only act as a gateway to get to each of our comics but will also provide news, articles, reviews, and indeed professional/commission services. In the run up to Christmas, we’ll also be adding an online store to the site – for the first time allowing you to access items that are normally only available at UK events.
So, to give you a short list once the site is updated you’ll be getting;
- The continuation of Fera as a weekly free webcomic.
- New titles, both 100% free webcomics, and promo samples of print-only comics.
- An online store – all of our comics, art, etc. in one easy place.
- Lots of new content – comics, news, articles, reviews etc.
- More content for your comics – we’ll be adding more character bios, artwork, and downloadable extras.
- Auto-updating event schedule – you’ll know what events we’ll be at as soon as we do – and we book a long time in advance.
The site, and indeed our table at events are going to soon have a lot more comic titles available from us. And the decision has been made that once Fera issue #3 is completed, we’ll be combining all three issues with a ton of extra content only available in print into a single 120+ page trade paperback volume. The extra content will include never before seen artwork, and some short story comics featuring tales from our main casts past – the stories are already scripted and they range from fun/cute, to heart meltingly sad.
As you may have noticed I keep saying “we” and “us” – I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but angelKat Entertainment is growing. Not just in terms of comic titles and content, but also in the creative team behind it. The Editors is the first of many planned collaborations with my good friend Paul Burr, we have my other half Donna McGarry working on a new Dungeons and Dragons themed humour comic, and our friends Anna Sheldrick, Josh Gahstly, and Clair Honeybadger will be producing a new super hero comic currently called “Meta Rising”. Each of these will begin appearing on the site in the next few months, and I truly hope that you’ll enjoy them.
Here’s a brief list of currently planned titles – those in bold are already available in at least one format (be that ebook, print, or webcomic);
- Fera (Davy Shirley) – an epic fantasy tale of love, loss, and adventure. Now with added cat girls.
- The Editors (Paul Burr and Davy Shirley) – a conspiracy story of world altering scale, set inside a super hero universe.
- angelKat Adventures (Davy Shirley) – cute family friendly strips following the adventures of our mischievous mascot angelKat.
- angelKat Presents (Paul Burr and Davy Shirley) – a series of short story comics, each issue will contain three short stories on a particular theme – the first issue being horror/supernatural.
- Offices & Accountants (Paul Burr and Donna McGarry) – a fun look at the fantasy worlds equivalent of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Jason Fox P.I. (Davy Shirley) – family friendly noir detective tales, with a combination of unusual cases, and fun puzzles.
- Meta Rising (Anna Sheldrick, Josh Gahstly, and Clair Honeybadger) – the world discovers that the meta-humans they believed had been wiped out still exist.
As always, if you want to catch us in the flesh – you’ll find a few of the angelKat team at both London MCM Expo next weekend, and Thought Bubble in Leeds next month. We’re currently waiting to hear back from London Super Con, we’ve booked/paid for our table and are now awaiting confirmation – so you should also expect to see us there in February. And we’ll also be attending Sunny Con in Sunderland again next year in March.
Anyway, that’s all for now – if you have any questions please comment, or emailing me via the contact page.
Davy (T III)
The Editors is an ongoing comic book series from artist Davy Shirley (the webcomic Fera) and writer Paul Burr. The Editors are a clandestine group who are controlling the lives of the world’s various heroes and villains, until a two bit crook wakes up during one of their procedures.
Follow his adventures as he attempts to unravel the mystery that lies at the heart of The Editors and at the same time stop himself from becoming just another cape.
== PRE-ORDERS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN UNTIL 4TH AUGUST 2012 ==
== PRE-ORDER HERE: http://www.indiegogo.com/the-editors-01 ==
== AND GRAB A NEW CAPES COMIC AND SOME EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS ==
It is expected that all eBooks ordered will be sent out no later than 10th August, followed by the print issues and bundles in mid September.
FINAL DAYS CONTEST
As the pre-order wraps up in 12 days time, we’re holding a contest with three great prizes to be won both by funders and supporters. Yes, even if you haven’t pre-ordered a comic, you have the chance to win in these give aways.
a) FREE STUFF FOR SUPPORTERS
FOUR people will receive a free eBook version of The Editors issue #1 – no need to pre-order, or donate. The winners of these copies of the comic, will be the first FOUR people to reblog our tumblr post which goes up today (see our tumblr blog here: ( http://t-iii.tumblr.com/ ), retweet our post on twitter that will go up today marked with #TheEditors ( http://twitter.com/t_iii ), or share our Editors promo posts on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/aKe.FERA )
We’ll also give away ONE free print issue of The Editors to the first person who manages to get a famous comic creator/fan to plug The Editors on their twitter or tumblr account. Please don’t make a nuisance of yourself or upset anyone, just ask politely and see if they will. When we say famous we mean actors, comedians, authors, or even artists/writers working for Marvel or DC etc. with verified twitter accounts. If they do, please send a link to their post and account to: email@example.com and if possible to your posts that convinced them to.
b) RANDOM CHANCE AT EXTRA LOOT FOR FUNDERS
If we manage to get more than $100 in funding/pre-orders, we’ll choose a funder at random to receive an extra item – this item will be the framed newspaper front page of that person as either a hero or villain in their moment of victory or defeat (winners choice). This is normally reserved for funders of the $150 “Headliner” bundle, and this one won’t count toward the availability restriction on that bundle.
Even if someone orders the “Headliner” bundle or “Editor in Chief” bundles, there will only ever be THREE of these ever made at most, and each of them will be unique to the individual that purchases and/or wins them.
NOTE: direct links to the posts on twitter/tumblr/facebook etc. are below:
The Editors Pre-order and our newsletter
For those of you who we’ve talked to at various events across the UK this year, and anyone following us on twitter, will know – we’re due to launch our newest title shortly.
The Editors is a tale of super heroes, conspiracy, and the clandestine group that keeps both heroes and villains in check. The first issue will be a full colour comic book, and for those lucky few who pre-order now, we’re offering some extra goodies in the form of bundle deals and more. The bundles range from eBooks, to signed artwork, cameos, and more. Check out the page on IndieGoGo for your chance to be the latest and greatest Super Hero, or Villain this new world has ever known.
We’d also really appreciate it if you would take a moment to share details of The Editors pre-order page (the link below) with your friends, on your blogs, facebook, twitter… etc. (( [link] ))
In other news, we’ve also just started a monthly newsletter (starting yesterday), which will include news about conventions, our comics, contests, and just generally keeping you guys up to date. We’ll also be including exclusive artwork each month for subscribers only. You can sign up here if you like: [link]
In other news…
Some of you already know this, but the angelKat Entertainment site, where you can currently read my webcomic Fera (( [link] )) will soon be expanding to include a news and reviews hub, along with a number of other comic titles. Including of course The Editors, but also a few other titles that we’ve been working on in the background. As such the site will be given a whole new look, and we’ll have a few friends joining the team as creators.
The new titles include;
- Fera: A tale of monsters. A tale of beasts. : an adventure/romance series by Davy Shirley following the adventures of a group of would-be heroes on an epic journey of love, loss, and betrayal, across their world and beyond.
- The Editors: a tale of super heroes, conspiracy, and the clandestine group that controls the lives of heroes and villains alike, by Davy Shirley and Paul Burr.
- angelKat Adventures: currently entering it’s second printed issue, this mini-comic, childrens series by Davy Shirley, will soon grace the angelKat website. Our mischievous mascot and his fun adventures in every day life.
- angelKat Presents: a showcase of short stories by Davy Shirley and Paul Burr, with your chance to vote on which ones you’d like to see become an on-going series. The first issue is planned for Halloween, with a suitably horror-themed set of stories.
- Meta-Rising: from our new friends Anna Sheldrick, Josh Gahstly, and Clair Honeybadger comes this tale of the return and rise of the meta-humans.
- Offices & Accountants: a comedy series by Paul Burr and Donna McGarry, featuring roleplaying for the Dread Knight in your life.
So, we have London Film and Comic Con coming up next month, along with Animé Attacks! in Gateshead, and Manchester MCM Expo. So we’re going to be wandering around the country again. Hopefully you guys can make it to one or two of these, and we’ll get to say hello.
It’s a little short notice, but I’m tempted to say that the first person who comes to our table cosplaying as one of our characters will get a free comic. Obviously none of the angelKat team, their family or close friends can partake in this, otherwise it’d be unfair on others.
Also, we’ll have a table at London MCM Expo again in October, and it seems that we may even have a table for Thought Bubble in Leeds this November.
So stay tuned, pre-order yourself (or your friend) a copy of The Editors, sign up to our newsletter, share this, and/or come and say hello.