The Editors Pre-order and our newsletter
For those of you who we’ve talked to at various events across the UK this year, and anyone following us on twitter, will know – we’re due to launch our newest title shortly.
The Editors is a tale of super heroes, conspiracy, and the clandestine group that keeps both heroes and villains in check. The first issue will be a full colour comic book, and for those lucky few who pre-order now, we’re offering some extra goodies in the form of bundle deals and more. The bundles range from eBooks, to signed artwork, cameos, and more. Check out the page on IndieGoGo for your chance to be the latest and greatest Super Hero, or Villain this new world has ever known.
We’d also really appreciate it if you would take a moment to share details of The Editors pre-order page (the link below) with your friends, on your blogs, facebook, twitter… etc. (( [link] ))
In other news, we’ve also just started a monthly newsletter (starting yesterday), which will include news about conventions, our comics, contests, and just generally keeping you guys up to date. We’ll also be including exclusive artwork each month for subscribers only. You can sign up here if you like: [link]
In other news…
Some of you already know this, but the angelKat Entertainment site, where you can currently read my webcomic Fera (( [link] )) will soon be expanding to include a news and reviews hub, along with a number of other comic titles. Including of course The Editors, but also a few other titles that we’ve been working on in the background. As such the site will be given a whole new look, and we’ll have a few friends joining the team as creators.
The new titles include;
- Fera: A tale of monsters. A tale of beasts. : an adventure/romance series by Davy Shirley following the adventures of a group of would-be heroes on an epic journey of love, loss, and betrayal, across their world and beyond.
- The Editors: a tale of super heroes, conspiracy, and the clandestine group that controls the lives of heroes and villains alike, by Davy Shirley and Paul Burr.
- angelKat Adventures: currently entering it’s second printed issue, this mini-comic, childrens series by Davy Shirley, will soon grace the angelKat website. Our mischievous mascot and his fun adventures in every day life.
- angelKat Presents: a showcase of short stories by Davy Shirley and Paul Burr, with your chance to vote on which ones you’d like to see become an on-going series. The first issue is planned for Halloween, with a suitably horror-themed set of stories.
- Meta-Rising: from our new friends Anna Sheldrick, Josh Gahstly, and Clair Honeybadger comes this tale of the return and rise of the meta-humans.
- Offices & Accountants: a comedy series by Paul Burr and Donna McGarry, featuring roleplaying for the Dread Knight in your life.
So, we have London Film and Comic Con coming up next month, along with Animé Attacks! in Gateshead, and Manchester MCM Expo. So we’re going to be wandering around the country again. Hopefully you guys can make it to one or two of these, and we’ll get to say hello.
It’s a little short notice, but I’m tempted to say that the first person who comes to our table cosplaying as one of our characters will get a free comic. Obviously none of the angelKat team, their family or close friends can partake in this, otherwise it’d be unfair on others.
Also, we’ll have a table at London MCM Expo again in October, and it seems that we may even have a table for Thought Bubble in Leeds this November.
So stay tuned, pre-order yourself (or your friend) a copy of The Editors, sign up to our newsletter, share this, and/or come and say hello.
This coming weekend (Friday 25th – Sunday 27th May) we’ll be setting up shop at London MCM Expo at the Excel Centre in the Victoria Docklands.
For those who don’t know, London MCM Expo is a bi-annual event, and is currently the biggest event for comics, animé/manga, tv, film, and gaming. For more information go here: Link
I’ll have art prints – currently A3 and A4 (depending on whether I get chance to print them up there’ll also be smaller art card size prints). I normally also have sketch cards, comics, customised notebooks, badges, bookmarks, tarot cards, and more. And that’s without mentioning that you, YES YOU, could walk away with some awesome new artwork from yours truly – I’ll be open for commissioned sketches, and digital artwork – all at a slight discount from what is normally available online.
This weekend I’ll have Fera issues 1 & 2, as well as the chance to sign up for a newsletter where you’ll receive exclusive artwork (only for event attendees), updates on the new Fera issue which will be launching soon, as well as our other titles such as The Editors…
You’ll also get first “dibs” on pre-ordering “The Editors issue #1” – we’ll be launching an IndieGoGo campaign (essentially Kick Starter for creators outside of the USA) this week to fund the printing of the books, and also give you guys a little extra something. Bonuses will include sketches, full digital commissions, special limited edition cover versions of the comic, AND a ton of art prints/badges etc.
So, this weekend, we’ll have the first half of the inked pages for The Editors #1 on show, and we’ll be discussing our other comic projects that we have in the works. Hell, you’ll get to meet the new angelKat Entertainment team, since ALL FIVE OF US will be there this weekend! (Davy Shirley, Paul Burr, Donna McGarry, Anna Sheldrick, and Josh Gahstly).
All of this is part of our countdown to the relaunch of the whole angelKat Entertainment site, including; FIVE NEW TITLES, a review/news hub, and a fully functioning online store.
Our line up for the new site will include;
- Fera: A tale of monsters. A tale of beasts. (by Davy Shirley) – An LGBT adventure-romance, charting the journeys, loves, and losses of a group of exiled friends, as they travel their world and beyond looking for answers and to recover their honour.
- The Editors (by Davy Shirley & Paul Burr) – in a world of Super Heroes, one group lurks in the shadows, they step in when things go wrong, and when heroes go too far. They are “The Editors”, and they’re here to reset the universe and steer it back on course. But this time, something goes wrong, and the worlds 2nd worst villain REMEMBERS EVERYTHING.
- Meta-Rising (by Anna Sheldrick & Josh Gahstly) – They thought the meta-humans had been wiped out, they thought wrong.
- angelKat Adventures (by Davy Shirley) – The adventures and follies of our mischievous mascot from life at home, school, and comic con.
- angelKat Presents (by Davy Shirley & Paul Burr) – Three short stories in each comic issue, the first is a series of horror/supernatural stories. And readers can vote on which stories they’d like to read more of.
- Offices & Accountants (by Paul Burr & Donna McGarry) – Role playing for the Dread Knight in your life.
So, if you’re going to be at MCM Expo this weekend, we’ll see you there – feel free to leave a comment, or if you’re interested in getting a press copy of any of our comics (for review purposes only) please email me at: email@example.com
If you’re not attending MCM Expo, let us know what events you’re at this year, let us know about an event you’d like to see us attend, or just chat to us – we’re nice, honest.