What is FERA?
FERA is a fantasy, adventure/romance webcomic.
Originally a short story, FERA follows the exploits of a rag tag group of would-be heroes as they embark on a journey that will take them across their homeworld and beyond. Set on the lost planet of Mu, which recently reappeared in the skies above a war-torn future Earth (12 millenia after its mysterious disappearance).
- The steam-punk/fantasy element comes from Mu itself, and its recent dealings with Earth. The combination of a world based on steam and magic combined with modern technology.
- Yes, I said magic. Although not the magic you’re thinking of. In the late 21st century a mutation known as M-24 was discovered, it was instrumental in the harnessing of telekinetic abilities in humans. When fully trained this ability can eventually lead to manipulation of matter to produce flames and ice. It seems that certain races on Mu naturally have similar mutations.
- Did I mention that not all of Mu’s inhabitants are human? Shame on me. Well, FERA takes its name from the race of our lead character- Kato. She is a member of a feline race known as the Fera- the eldest of the feral races of Mu. They are wise if somewhat xenophobic and cut off from the outside world, until now. Other races that will soon appear include the Lepus, a race evolved from rabbit/hare type creatures, the Virr- a race of tribal lizardmen, as well as the more traditional elves, orcs, goblins and monsters
Does FERA have an age rating?
Due to a consensus here at angelKat Entertainment- we have decided that FERA should be rated 15+ this means that in our oppinions the content may not be suitable for anyone under the ages of 15 years old. If you’re concerned that the content may not be suitable for your child we advise you to read through the archives yourself before allowing them to. Remember though- due to its nature, and weekly update, although our archives are a good indication of the comic it will change over time.
If you want to know what sort of content you can expect (which may offend some) here is a short list:
- Coarse language- there will be the occasional “shit, f**k, wanker” etc.
- Violence- there will be some illustrated violence, this is a fantasy comic so expect to see battles and monsters.
- Blood- as with the violence, a gun fight or sword fight isn’t really going to end without a little bit of blood.
- Monsters/Horror- there will be monsters, scenes of suspense and horror.
- Nudity- there will be the occasional bit of nudity, as its part of life but it will be kept strictly non-explicit.
- Innuendo- there may be some amount of innuendo, there will be no depictions of sexual acts or anything explicit/pornographic.
- Gay/Lesbian relationships- this has little to do with the rating, but its worth a mention here. There will be some romance subplots between members of the same sex.
As always, viewer discretion is advised.